We all know the power and passion of a personal testimony. How hearing one person’s journey can really motivate us and inspire us to doing great things in our own lives.
I will add my own quick testimony here, and why I’m doing this:
Back in 2005 before running and before Beachbody, I was overweight at 255 pounds. I had fallen into a depression, was often sick, unmotivated, and just not happy with much that was going on. The extra weight had put stress on all aspects of my life, not just the health side. I found myself relocating to Colorado, and I was reintroduced to running and rekindled my love for the sport.
Over the next 4 years, running helped me get in shape and change my outlook on life. I still found myself having difficulty getting below 220 with running alone. Then a friend introduced me to P90X and Team Beachbody in August of 2009. I decided to become a Beachbody coach, not only to inspire others, but to keep myself accountable.
My 2005 unhealthy self:
By December of 2009 I was a P90X grad and half way through Insanity when I ran my 7th marathon in Vegas. Even though my longest run was only 15 miles, I felt confident that I could PR my course record of 4:31 and possibly my PR of 3:50. Little did I know that I would shave 30 minutes off my PR and end up with a 3:20! I was ecstatic with the results. Now almost a year later, I’m looking toward 2011 excited to share the journey with others and help them achieve their goals.
I see 2011 as a year to not only improve myself and set new goals, but to also work on reversing the trend of obesity in the US. A recent report predicted that in 2020 75% of Americans will be overweight. This reduces the average lifespan by 8 – 10 years. You can read the whole report here
So, here is what I’m thinking, the more testimonials, the better. Not only will this get you in your best shape, but you may inspire others to do the same. By changing your own health, you may impact the decision of someone else to also change theirs.
My P90x Journey:
We all love contests, competitions, etc, so here is what I’m thinking:
Here Are The Rules:
* Each participant must sign up to be a coach with me on my BeachBody Team. (This will give you a 25% off your program & Shakeology! + the coach enrollment is waived until Dec.31st!)
* Each participant must purchase and commit to a Beachbody program for 90 days
(Power 90, P90X, TurboFire, Rev-Abs, Chalean Extreme, Body Gospel, Brazil Butt Lift, Turbo Jam, Hip-Hop Abs etc) If you decide to do a 60 day program, just do phase 2 again.
I’m doing Insanity – and plan to follow it up with Insanity:Asylum. If you want to join me, I have a Facebook event set up here
* Each participant must commit to 90 days (3 consecutive monthly orders) of Shakeology Home Direct. This is essential, since 90 days of Shakeology will really have an impact on your health, and how your inner body works. We often forget about that when we are doing a workout program. Shakeology makes it simple and takes the guesswork out of the equation.
* Each participant must send me a Before picture and After picture with date as well as certain measurements and weight.
Why Do This?
* You have decided you are ready for change. You are committed to make it happen. You have wanted to succeed in this area for a long time…and now is the time!
* You will inspire others to do something as well, and maybe even want to help someone in their own journey! By collecting testimonials, you might be the inspiration for someone else to change their life and live healthier.
* You want to wear a smaller clothes size, or be able to play with the kids w/out getting winded, or lower your chances of heart disease and diabetes.
* I’m thinking some prizes should be in order for the FIRST & SECOND place. We’ll have the contest open up to the fans of the 1MileFitness page.
If you are serious about this, and want to be a part in this challenge…please message me on Facebook or email me at 1MileFitness@gmail.com and we will set up an interview and get your order in. Sign up Dead-line : December 21st , 11:30 pm. (so you know you will be guarenteed to get your program and shakeology by Jan. 1st!)
Here is to your Health and inspiring others to make the journey too!